1 ½ c white corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
1 stalk celery (with leaves), large dice
½ onion, large dice
1 bay leaf
6 T butter (divided)
2 pints oysters with juice
3 c half & half
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
Note: Serve with oyster crackers & tabasco
1. Sauté celery, onion & corn in 3 T of butter in saucepan.
2. Add half & half, s&p & bay leaf, simmer on low heat 30 mins.
3. Strain. Set aside veggies & discard bay leaf.
4. Add liquid back in pot, keep warm on low heat.
5. Purée cooked veggies in blender, add some reserved liquid if needed.
6. Stir puréed veggie mixture into reserve liquid, heat on med-low (can prepare base ahead & refrigerate).
7. Right before serving heat remaining 3 T butter in skillet, add oysters & cook until edges curl.
8. Garnish with chopped parsley, then pass the oyster crackers & tabasco!